skip to main content

HUBUNGAN ANTARA CITRA TUBUH DENGAN KECEMASAN BERBICARA DI DEPAN UMUM PADA MAHASISWA TAHUN PERTAMA FAKULTAS ILMU KOMUNIKASI UNIVERSITAS PADJADJARAN

Fakultas Psikologi, Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia


Citation Format:
Abstract

Communication Science of Faculty is a faculty that involves a lot of public speaking activities in the course. Therefore, students in Faculty of Communication Science are required to have good communication value. This research aims to determine the relationship between body image and public speaking anxiety in student of Communication Science Faculty of Padjadjaran University. The sample is 221 student of Communication Science Faculty of Padjadjaran University, consisted of  72 men and 149 women which obtained using convenience sampling technique. Data obtained using Body Image Scale (33 aitem; α= .91) and Public Speaking Anxiety Scale (31 item, dengan α= .94) which already tested to 45 students. The result of simple regression analysis shows a negative and significant relationship between body image and public speaking anxiety. Body image gives effective contribution of 20.25% toward public speaking anxiety, while the rest of 79.75% is determined by other factors.

 

Fulltext View|Download
Keywords: public speaking anxiety, body image, college student

Article Metrics:

  1. Cash, T. F. & Pruzinsky T. (2002). Body image: A hand book of theory, research, and chinical practice. New York, NY: Guilford Press
  2. Cash, T. F. & Linda S. (2011). Body image: A handbook of science, practice, and prevention. New York, NY: The Guilford Press
  3. Haslinda, L., Yanti, E., & Sri,W. (2015). Citra tubuh, perilaku diet, dan kualitas hidup remaja akhir mahasiswa fakultas kedokteran Universitas Riau. JIK, 9, 95-98
  4. Hidajat. (2006). Public speaking & teknik presentasi. Jakarta: University Press
  5. Lowery, S., Sharon., Robinson., Christie, E., Sonja., Megan., & Laura. (2005). Body image, self – esteem, and healt – related behaviors among male and female first year college students. Journal of College Student Development. 46, 612 – 623, doi: 10.1353/csd.2005.0062
  6. Nevid, J., Rathus, S., & Greene, B. (2005). Psikologi abnormal. Jakarta: Erlangga
  7. Osborn, M., Suzanne, O., & Randall, O. (2009). Public speaking. New York, NY: Allyn & Bacon
  8. Pedoman Umum Penyelenggaraan Fakultas Ilmu komunikasi Universitas Padjadjaran. (2015). Bandung: Badan Penerbit Fakultas Ilmu Komunikasi Universitas Padjadjaran
  9. Rakhmat, J. (2013). Psikologi komunikasi. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya
  10. Santrock, J. W. (2007). Remaja. Jakarta: Erlangga
  11. Santrock, J. W. (2012). Life-span development. Jakarta: Gelora Aksara Pratama

Last update:

No citation recorded.

Last update:

No citation recorded.