skip to main content

HUBUNGAN ANTARA KECERDASAN EMOSIONAL DAN PENYESUAIAN SOSIAL PADA MAHASISWA D III ALIH PROGRAM PKN STAN

Fakultas Psikologi, Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia


Citation Format:
Abstract

Every human being undergoes a transition to his new environment. When they become students, they will move from school to school or work to school, which requires social skills. This study aims to determine the relationship between emotional and social adjustment of the first year Diploma III transform program student PKN STAN. The subject of this research is the third student of the first year Diploma III transform program student PKN STAN. The sample used 145 students with cluster sampling technique. The measuring instrument used is the emotional intelligence scale (33 valid items, with α = .85) and Social Adjustment Scale (45 valid items, with α = .92) that have been tested in 110 of the first year Diploma III transform program student PKN STAN. The simple regression coefficient between emotional intelligence and social adjustment is 0.83 with p = 0,000 (p <.001). These results indicate the hypothesis proposed by the Researcher, that there is a positive relationship between emotional intelligence and social adjustment of the first year Diploma III transform program student PKN STAN is acceptable. Value of the coefficient of determination of .70 means that emotional intelligence has an effective contribution of 70% in improving student social adjustment, while the remaining 30% is determined by other factors not measured in this study. Suggestions for future researchers to examine other factors of social adjustment.

 

Fulltext View|Download
Keywords: Emotional Intelligence, Social Adjustment, Student

Article Metrics:

  1. Agustiani, Hendriati. (2009). Psikologi perkembangan (Pendekatan ekologi kaitannya dengan konsep diri dan penyesuaian diri pada remaja). Bandung: PT Refika Aditama
  2. Azwar, S. (2015). Penyusunan skala psikologi. Edisi kedua. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Belajar
  3. Chaplin, J. P. (2011). Dictionary of psychology, (Terjemah. Kartini Kartono) Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada
  4. Goleman. (2016). Emotional intelligence (terjemahan). Jakata : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama
  5. Gray, Rebecca.,Vitak, Jessica., Easton, Emily W., & Ellison, Nicole B. (2013). Examining social adjustment to college in the age of social media: Factors influencing successful transitions and persistence. Computers & Education, doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2013.02.021
  6. Hurlock, E.B. (2008), Perkembangan Anak. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga
  7. Hurlock, E.B. (2014), Psikologi perkembangan: Suatu pendekatan sepanjang rentang kehidupan. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga
  8. Julia, M., & Veni, B. (2012). An analysis of the factors affecting students adjustment at a university in Zimbabwe. International Education Studies, 5(6), 244–251, doi: 10.5539/ies.v5n6p244
  9. Kyalo, Paul M & R Chumba. (2011). Selected factors influencing social & academic adjustment of undergraduate student of Egerton University : Njoro Campus. International journal of business and social science
  10. Laksamana, Burhan. (2014). Hubungan antara kecerdasan emosi dengan penyesuaian sosial pada siswa kelas VII SMPN Semarang. Jurnal Empati
  11. Lusianawati. (2013). Kecerdasan emosi dan penyesuaian diri pada remaja awal yang tinggal di panti asuhan Uswtun Hasanah Samarinda. Jurnal Psikologi
  12. Nikooyeh, Elika., Zarani, Fariba., dan Fathabadi, Jalil. (2017). The mediating role of social skills and sensation seeking in the relationship between trait emotional intelligence and school adjustment in adolescents. Journal of Adolescene, doi: 10.1016/j.adolescence.2017.05.012
  13. Pastore, Francesco. (2009). School to work trantitions in Mongolia. The Europan Journal of Comparative Economics. ISSN: 1722-4667
  14. Rathus, S.A & Nevid, Jeffrey S. (2002). Psychology: The challenges of life: Adjustment n the new millenium. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. USA
  15. Sharma, Bharti. (2012). Adjustment and emotional maturity among first year college students. Pakistan Journal of Social and Cultural Psychology
  16. Stein, S.J. (2004). Ledakan EQ: 15 Prinsip dasar kecerdasan emosional meraih sukses. Bandung: Mizan Pustaka
  17. Schneider, A.A., (1964)., Personal Adjusment and Mental Health, New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston

Last update:

No citation recorded.

Last update:

No citation recorded.